Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 56

Thread: LPD Tourney

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_Just_wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    LPD Tourney

    What does everyone think about the boys playing on M W F and the girls on T T F. Boys championship will be first. I've also heard that the regionals will be that way.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gcdevil22's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2004
    Posts
    5,129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tourney

    do they want people to leave early or somethin
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

    -Martin Luther King Jr.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tourney

    I'll be out the door after the boys game, unless a miracle happens and PV ends up in the girls game.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tourney

    I think that in fairness to the girls, they should get some shots at playing the late games. I think during the season the boys and girls should alternate playing the first game.

    Now I'll admit I'd rather watch a boys game over the girls game as a spectator, but if they're going to play the girls and boys during the same season, the girls should have some games played 2nd.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member hibachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2007
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tourney

    which genius came up with this idea

  6. #6
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tourney

    To me they should play them on different nights, but thats just me. I'd rather watch JV boys than varsity girls.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tourney

    It depends on where your at. I might be able to understand that at PV. I don't think Smith has a whole lot to work with, and the girls there don't tend to work too much on their game I am afraid.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tourney

    In KY they have a rule that the girls get so many "primetime" games a season
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tourney

    So will the Region D finals be on a Friday night this year?? I was thinking it was normally on Saturday night.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member kmccall's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: LPD Tourney

    It depends on which teams are playing. Yeah the boys games usually are at a faster pace and more athletic but alot of girls teams are more fundamental and most of them are rougher and more emotional (beleive me I know). They should take each night on a case by case basis and put the better game based on who their playing and what is at stake. I've had many a night officiating where the girls game was exciting and close and the boys game dull and a blow out. This friday night for example at Va. High it would make sense to have the boys game first that doesn't mean anything towards the final standings and the girls game second that has alot riding on it. If you want to see a girls basketball game where they get up and down the court and play good basketball, this is the one to watch.
    Call it like you see it

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •